Dr. Michael E. Berend is a fellowship-trained, board-certified, orthopedic surgeon.
He received his medical degree from Duke University School of Medicine in 1992. Dr. Berend was a member of the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society. As a resident Berend received numerous awards including:
- 1994, 1995 and 1998 Piedmont Orthopedic Foundation Grants
- 1995 Golden Apple Award for best teacher
- 1997 AOA Zimmer travel award for resident research
Dr. Berend has published many peer review orthopaedic journal articles in publications such as:
- Clinical Orthopaedics
- Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery
- Journal of Arthroplasty
- Journal of Pediatric Surgery
- Surgical Forum
- Foot and Ankle International
- Lasers in Orthopedics
- Sabiston’s Textbook of Surgery
In addition, he has also presented research papers at notable national and international orthopedic symposia.