Dr. Pierson is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon specializing in total hip and knee joint replacement (primary and revision).
A graduate of DePauw University, Dr. Pierson received his medical degree from The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Md., in 1986. He completed his general surgery internship at Northwestern University Medical Center, Chicago, and his orthopedic surgery residency at The Hospital for Special Surgery in New York City. He completed his orthopedic fellowship in adult hip and knee reconstruction at Harvard University, Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston.
Dr. Pierson is a clinical instructor at the Indiana University School of Medicine and a member of several medical organizations, including:
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- Clinical Orthopaedic Society, Inc.
- Indiana Orthopaedic Society
He has received numerous awards and honors in his field and has published multiple articles related to hip and knee replacement in numerous professional medical and surgical journals, such as:
- AAOS Orthopaedic Board Review
- Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery
- Journal of Knee Surgery
- Journal of Arthroplasty
- The Journal of Musculoskeletal Medicine